Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holidays... and keeping your eye on the turkey.. errr... ball. Keeping your eye on the BALL!

So... this is a preview of my Turkey day that I am SOOOO proud of... and a preview of me getting back on the wagon. As I sit here and watch The Biggest Loser 12, I am remembering who I was when I started this journey, and who I DO NOT want to be again. 


Because we were with Kyle's family for Thanksgiving, I wanted to do something with my family after the fact. Soooo.... I DID! Here, you can see the entire spread that I made for the event. Now, I will not say that everything was healthy.... BUT... I tried to make the right decisions where it was appropriate.

I made the following things that you will see me post about-
Brined turkey- stuffed
Home made stuffing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Asparagus
Rolls
Caesar Salad
Chocolate Opera Cake

I can tell you this... it was all a success!!!! I had an awesome time and was so glad that I made my family proud. As I look myself and my scale in the eyes (so... my scale has no eyes but you get the point!) I remember the day that I completed my "The Biggest Loser" application- one of the questions was to finish the following sentence- "Food is..."

Here was my answer- "Food is...." comfort, pain, happiness and sorrow. Food is communicating. Food is hiding. Food is telling people that you love them. Food is telling yourself you love you, but allowing you to continue hating yourself. Food is both amazing and evil, it just depends on the day. Food is the root of good, and the root of evil. Food is hatred and forgiveness. Food brings everyone together, and it pushes them apart. Food is about communicating, and the word I need to learn from it is "no!"

As you can see, I am going back to my roots that I had when started with this blog. I got a new gym membership on the wagon... and you can consider this girl BACK ON THE WAGON!

No comments:

Post a Comment