Friday, September 16, 2011

Challenge- Indian Chicken Salad Pitas

OK so I lied, one more phone pic, I forgot to charge my camera. Sorry!


Let me just say that this picture does not do this meal justice! This thing was freakin amazing!


For this challenge I used the following ingredients from my Dominion Harvest mystery box-
  •  Cucumbers
First, I took 2 chicken breasts and split them so that they would cook faster and yield more bites for the same amount of food. I put a pinch of salt and pepper on them and grilled them up.
While the meat cooked, I mixed 4 tablespoons of low fat mayo, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons of curry paste (I have a hot tomato based paste), 1/4 of a diced red onion, 1/2 of a seeded, diced cucumber.
After the meat has been allowed to rest, I chopped it into bite size pieces and added it to the mayo mixture.
Then I added some finely chopped lettuce, I had romaine on hand but you could use any kind you want. I would say about a cup after being chopped (2 romaine leaves) and mixed it all together.
I cut a whole wheat pita in half and filled with the chicken mixture, then served with a side salad.

I have never cooked with curry before. Keep in mind, the curry paste can be high in calories so you only need a small amount! It gave this dish an amazing kick and even Kyle liked it despite the onions, cucumbers, and lettuce!
I am loving these challenges, I cannot believe that CUCUMBERS inspired this dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment