Monday, September 12, 2011

Forever Battle

Well, I know I have been gone for a while but I had some encouragement from friends and I really want to let you know what I have learned- Being thin is a forever battle. I know what you are thinking, because I thought it too- "Shit, really? That sucks!" And yes, really. And yes, it sucks! BUT... I can do it and SO CAN YOU! The day you realize you have gained some of that weight back that you worked SO HARD to lose, it is immensely frustrating. But, I hope that you A) avoid that after reading this bc you have been warned or B) that you feel the same way I did upon this bitter realization- "I am going to fix this now and not let it happen again!" It would be so easy if once you lost the weight that it just stayed off, but then would you really be "choosing your hard" then? I think not. Being thin and healthy is a choice that you have to make every single day. Some days you may choose to be more healthy than others, but you still have to make that choice. When you start flying by the seat of your pants and riding on the glory of the weight you lost before, it will creep back up on you before you can say "yes, I want fries with that." WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!

True to form- here is my story-

I lost nearly 100lbs (as you can see from other posts and pics) and since then, here is what happened. In the span of 30 days I got a new job, quit my old one, moved from Charlotte to Richmond and stayed with my mom for several weeks, started a new job, got married, went on a honeymoon, hubby got a new job (also in Richmond) and we rented and moved into a new place. HOLY CRAP! That was alot!

In that time.... I lost track of myself. Is it understandable? SURE! I was super busy... but that is life! I am big about not making excuses for myself, that is really what allowed me to lose all that weight in the first place. It is what allowed me to say "yeah, I am fat. So now what?" Well, here are the excuses I have been giving to myself for the last 5 months or so (stop me if you have heard them before... strike that... take a good hard look in the mirror if you have SAID these before)-
  • I am too tired to workout
  • I am too stressed to make time to work out
  • I need to get dinner on the table so there is no time to work out
  • I am in a hurry so I will just grab something for dinner on the way home
  • I can eat this... now that I know how to lose weight, I can just get it off later (that one really stings when you realize how freakin stupid it is!!!)

Honestly, those are just a few. I finally had to accept that I was just being lazy. YES, I am tired and stressed. Yes, I do need to get dinner together and sometimes I don't have alot of time. However, if I plan ahead there are OPTIONS. I can cook meat in advance and throw it together with veggies in NO TIME. I get being tired, but you really will have more energy when you aren't so out of shape! Mind over matter! We make time for things day in and day out, make time for yourself and your health. NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT.

This is my way of getting back on the wagon. I am back to eating right, exercising, making good choices, and drinking enough water that I feel like I am going to float away. I have decided that I am going to get back to blogging because I think some people like reading it, and I REALLY like writing it. However, I am going to mix it up a little. You all know I love to cook... so I am going to work on making this blog more recipe focused... and I am super excited about it. If you have thoughts or requests... let me know and I will try to put something together with a more healthy spin on it!

1 comment: