Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Challenge Week 2- What the HECK is that?!?!

Today brings another mystery box from Dominion Harvest (https://www.dominionharvest.com/), and a little confusion! Remember that paper I told you about? Well, this week the first item on the list is Long Island Cheese Pumpkin. If you are like me, you just said WTF is that?!?!? Hahaha... Well... should make an interesting week of coming up with recipes!


So... here are is the loot from week 2 group of Dominion Harvest!

One Long Island Cheese Pumpkin (as it turns out... this is a squash variety)
One Acorn Squash
5 Red Delicious Apples
4 Red Bell Peppers
1 Head Bibb Lettuce
4 Green Tomatoes (my instinct is to fry them, like the movie title says to... but that would fall a bit short of "healthy"!!!)
1 Dozen Brown Eggs
3 BEAUTIFUL ONIONS!!!
Green Beans
Okra
Gouda Cheese

I will try to come up with some interesting recipes but I will be honest, some of these items sound like more fun than others. I am gonna really focus this week and try to come up with some yummy recipes!

Let the games begin!!! 



1 comment: